I get really excited when I can share iPhone tips with other people. Like, silly excited because it’s usually something that’s taken me some time to figure out and I love being able to share so that other people don’t have to spend an equal amount of time trying to figure it out for themselves.
Quite possibly my favorite of iPhone tips is for creating new pins on Pinterest using your phone. While the Pinterest app is amazing for looking at what’s being pinned and repinning to my heart’s content, creating new pins isn’t an option there and that’s what I tend to do more often than not. (Some great reasons to make new pins rather than re-pinning things can be found in this post by my friend Wendy about cleaning up your Pinterest boards.)
To find the secret of creating new pins on the iPhone, I consulted my all time favorite reference (The Google) and found this post and this post. And then I kept this most magical of iPhone tips under my hat for a week or so, just to make sure worked consistently and wasn’t a ginormous pain in the ass.
Ready to learn how it’s done? Great.
iPhone Tips: Installing Pin It Bookmarklet
To get started, you’ll need access to two things from your iPhone:
- the code below
- a random bookmark within Safari that you can open to edit.
Got it? Then let’s move on.
1. Open Safari and select the bookmark icon.
2. Tap Edit at the bottom left of the screen.
3. Select the bookmark you set aside earlier.
4. Edit the title of the bookmark to something you’ll remember like “Pin It”. Paste the code from above in the address field. Tap done to save.
5. Tap done on the next two screens to return to your Safari window.
iPhone Tips: Using the Pin It Bookmarklet
1. In Safari, navigate to the page you want to pin and tap the bookmark icon.
2. Tap the “Pin it” bookmark.
3. Select the photo you’d like to use for your pin.
4. At this point, your iPhone will probably have to think for a few seconds. Eventually, though, you’ll get to the next screen where you can choose your board and rename the pin if you want.
5. There will be another pause here for some across the interwebs magic.
5. Once you see the screen below, you’re all done.
Pretty simple, right? This will also work for your iPad or other iDevices. Another of my favorite iPhone tips, if you have your bookmarks set up to sync across devices, you’ll only need to do that first part once.
So what are you waiting for? Start pinning!!
Powered by Facebook Comments